A Level French
Why study this course?
This course is designed to enable students to further improve their language skills, to converse on a variety of different topics and to have an in-depth knowledge of the language and culture of the country in question.
What can this course lead to?
- Lead to a university degree in languages
- Provide a suitable foundation for direct progression
- Enable students to experience a variety of approaches to the teaching and learning of languages
- Foster the ability in students to use language for different purposes
- Enable students to carry out tasks which integrate language skills and context
- Provide examinations of intellectual rigour which require a high degree of linguistic competence
Successful completion of this course should give both AS and A2 students a solid grounding in language skills and knowledge of the culture and society of the target language countries.
UNIT CONTENT [EXAM BOARD: AQA]
UNIT 1 [AS] Day to day matters
UNIT 2 [AS] Society
UNIT 3 [AS] The working world
UNIT 4 [A2] The environment & citizenship.
UNIT 5 [A2] The international context.
UNIT 6 [A2] Listening and writing.
Method of Assessment
UNIT 1: 1hr exam
UNIT 2: 2 hr exam
UNIT 3: 10-12 minute oral
UNIT 4: 15 minute exam
UNIT 5: Coursework
UNIT 6: 45 minute exam
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENT
B Grade in GCSE French