BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate: Engineering
Why study this course?
This qualification has a good mix of theory and practice with roughly 40% of the course being practical. The course provides a sound basic understanding of engineering with an emphasis on completing project work which is undertaken in various workshops and laboratories. All evidence and work will be collected to be put together in a portfolio. The course is tailored to provide a natural step on to a Level 3 Engineering course at Exeter College or to work as an apprentice.
What content is covered? [Exam Board: Edexcel]
- Working Practices in Engineering
- Using and Interpreting Engineering Information
- Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Using Computer Aided Drawing Techniques in Engineering
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by coursework and practical assessment.
This course is approximately equivalent to two GCSE’s at grades A* - C
This course takes place at Exeter College on Wednesday afternoons.
Students opting for this course should be working at a level 6 in Maths and Science