Media Studies: A' Level
Media studies can:
- enhance students’ enjoyment or appreciation of the Media and its role in their everyday lives and society as a whole
- develop critical thinking
- Explore media production processes, technologies and concepts
- Help students become independent and skilled in using research methods and
- understanding their application to the construction of media products
What can this course lead to?
University degree (82% employment or further studies at end of course, based on a Survey Response in 2005). Work with Business/Web Design/ Marketing and related employment. Education; Arts; Game Design: Broadcast and Journalism advertising; Print, Film and Television Media
Unit Content [Exam Board: Edexcel]
UNIT 1 [AS] Foundation. Portfolio in media
UNIT 2 [AS] Key media. Concepts, TV drama or radio drama.
UNIT 3 [A2] Advanced. Portfolio in Media
UNIT 4 [A2] Critical. Perspectives in media.
Method of Assessment
UNIT 1: Coursework
UNIT 2: 2hr exam
UNIT 3: Coursework
UNIT 4: 2hr exam.
Minimum entry requirements
C grade in GCSE English, good Art and ICT skills.