NVQ Level 1: Beauty Therapy
Why study this course?
This qualification is a doorway to a career in beauty and an introduction to a level 2 programme. You will assist beauty therapists at level 2 or 3 and as part of this qualification, you will complete a portfolio of evidence based on the following theory of treatments and assessed basic practical treatments.
- Beauty products and how they are used
- Customer Service - reception duties, answering the phone and making appointments
- Understand Health and Safety in the beauty industry
- Practical tasks within the salon environment , such as assisting therapists in facial and hand treatments in the beauty salons at Exeter College
- Achieving skills in facial cleansing and nail treatments
What content is covered? [Exam Board: City & Guilds]
- Make sure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety.
- Assist with salon reception duties
- Prepare and maintain the beauty therapy work area
- Assist with facial treatments
- Assist with nail treatments on the hands
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by coursework and practical assessment.
This course is approximately equivalent to two GCSE’s at grades D - G.
This course takes place at Exeter College on Wednesday afternoon.
Students will only be able to opt for this course if working below Level 4b in most subjects.